First Vlog

5/01/2016 Design Perthspective 1 Comments



Darcy and I have been friends for a while now; we became friends amongst the many all nighters of our Interior Architecture degree at Curtin University (well, more like me doing all nighters and Darcy finishing his assignments in a timely and organised fashion). After we graduated, like most people, we found it hard to find full-time work but we still wanted to be involved in the design community of Perth as much as we could. So we’ve started Design Perthspective!

We hope that our blog can become a popular resource for designers and the public alike in the future, but for now the main purpose is to get us out there doing interesting and productive things with our time, really getting to know our city and the designers in it.

We just published our first vlog video! It was nerve racking, especially for me, to sit in front of a camera and talk, and then, being the editor, I also had to look at my face for 5+ hours. But I think that I relaxed a bit once we got started, although I have to work on my ability to look at the camera and not at Darcy or out the window. In our video we play a little game called “first design reactions” which was quite fun. We hope to do more games like this in the future, if you have any suggestions about games we could play leave a comment down below.


Check our our video at https://youtu.be/d698177dgdk


These are some of the images that we used for our “first design reactions” segment.



Public Artwork chosen by Darcy by Geoffry Drake-Brockman called Totem in Perth, Australia



Design chosen by me by LOCALARCHITECTURE in Marconi, Switzerland


Installation chosen by me by Ernesto Neto called Celula Nave



Concept design chosen by Darcy by Shane O'Riley, intended to go at Elizabeth Quay




Author -Jordan Alice Fyfe

You Might Also Like

1 comment: